Thursday, March 17, 2016

March school holidays: visit to LEGO office

I did not take any leave this week. I guess good things do happen if you think hard enough about it because on a chance basis, a girlfriend and I developed a genius plan where she'd help pick my kids from home and bring them to the office for a lunch hour visit. This means that the children get shuttled to and from home safely, and they also get to play outside of home, I do not need to apply for leave and I also get to see them and have lunch with them for a good solid hour. Hooray!
 
 
Q, K, J, E
 
After a hearty lunch of chicken rice tapau-ed, we began the exploration of the office. My children have been here before, but the boys hadn't and it was a great experience to show them everything and have observe them and their reaction to the office. I am always reminded of how amazing a work space I have each time a fresh pair of eyes come in to view it.
 
We then spent a good solid amount of the hour at this brick wall. It's Easter soon, so we built a rabbid rabbit to add to the Easter-themed wall.
 

RABBID
 
Proud little builders
 
I noticed that J had lost interest in helping out with the main piece, and although K did help out, I also noticed that she was building something else on the side.

Take note of the cluster of random bricks in the middle (beside the unfinished egg)

I asked J what he was building and he honestly replied, "I did not help with the rabbit. I build my own thing. It is a football field (left) and garden (right)."

Why is it so colourful, baby?

"I wanted rainbow so there is a bit of rainbow there and there in my football field and my garden".

I am so proud of him - for his own imagination - he did build a few of his favourite things (football) and I wonder if he managed to gather all similar coloured yellow bricks, or if it was indeed random? Regardless, I always love to hear his artistic interpretation as it shows how his mind works.


K's L-E-G-O

K wanted to build something "on-theme" I guess, and went with the safe brand name of LEGO. In between helping out with the rabbid build, she went about to fix this L-E-G-O. What I felt was commendable in her efforts, was that she was stumped at how to fix the letter "G". There was a "G" that someone had already built on the wall and I told K to mimic it. I am very pleased with how her final output looked!

The children left soon after and I went back to work.

It was a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment