Monday, October 19, 2015

Krabi, day 3

On this day, we opted to head out for breakfast. We had no idea where to go, as most of the roadside stalls were not open so early in the morning. So as a safeguard against grumpiness-of-coffee-deficiency, we headed to coffee stop; before routing around to our familiar grounds near to the ex-Mecure hotel.
 
Forcing a pre-coffee smile
 
Coffee priorities
 
We ended up at the Swiss Chalet, which is a restaurant that we had visited many times on our previous visits. It offers services of convenience such as motorbike rentals, booking of day trips; besides its food offerings. We had a standard fare of english big breakfast.
 

It was a very, hot day! And that's my non-forced smile :)

The husband needed to do some work, so we headed back to the sanctuary of our room.I was deliberating (1) parking myself at the pool (2) using the tub (3) watching TV... in the end, I just stayed in the room because there was air-conditioning and I had a good book to read.
It was during this time period that I received live updates of what the kids were up to at nainai's house (yay to free hotel wifi).

After an hour+ where I figured my food had digested, I unwillingly dragged myself to the gym.


Accompanied by a bottle of water, my phone for pics and time-reading,
and my workout buddy - the BBG guide.

After a quick workout and shower, the husband and I headed for lunch.

For no reason at all, here's shasring my pedicured toes.
Yellow for sunshine happiness on holiday!
 
Roadside grub FTW! (I had a chicken wing version of the super-salty-tasty
fried cihcken)

Grilled chicken
 
Sticky rice with mango

After our lunch, we headed to the beach. We parked ourselves at the same spot, and pretty much lazed in the same way as the past 2 days. Being day 3, we were becoming experts.

The grilled-corn man was making his rounds and we had a dose of
salty-buttery warmly-grilled corn. Yum.

JUMP!

So, the jump shots were taken on our last day at the Krabi Ao Nang Beach. For all the days I'd been in Krabi, I did not - did not - touch any bit of pool or sea water. I saw no reason to (no sun for me, thanks) and honestly, I really preferred to nua. So, though I did do some physical activity (running/ gym) I really stayed out of the waters.

On this last sunset at Krabi, the husband and I parked ourselves at a different beach nearer to our favourite dinner restaurant and watched the skies change hues of colours. I spent the time thinking back on our holiday, the past few days of amazing relaxation. We had planned that we may have gone canoeing or rock-climbing, but we did not. It was beautiful and I remember feeling so blessed to have this time to ourselves, on holiday and to witness such glorious beauty.

Shades of sunset. All within half hour.

Our very hearty dinner of fried rice, basil chicken, grilled prawns, tomyum
soup, chilli powder crab, coconut curry veg + prawns.

For the third night in a row, I was stuffed. I think we also amused the staff by ordering this much and  being able to finish off all the food! Amazing stuff. Such amazingly yummy food!
Because it was our last night in Krabi, we decided to treat ourselves to more food. Yup, even after that meal where we stuffed ourselves to the tip of our toes, we still managed to head to 'town' and had ice-cream.

That night, we watched Jurassic Park in the comfort of our hotel room. The luxury of having quiet time to watch a movie in peace and quiet while we could have beer and snack with no care in the world - priceless.

I went to bed filled with food and love and thanks, for the holiday. It was a great end to our last day in Krabi.

No comments:

Post a Comment