Monday, March 16, 2015

Birthday celebrations - part duex with friends

So, I had a great idea. And it still is, except that the weather was totally a wet blanket. Ha ha ha.

My great idea

I'd wanted to have a lovely ride on the boat with my friends, but it was not meant to be. The skies turned dark, and we sought refuge to have a snack.

Lining our tummies pre-drinks

We'd hoped that the weather will prevail, and we could go on with our plan. But it really wasn't meant to be. Not only did the rain not let up, it got heavier. We ended up making a run for the first bar.

Or, most people did. Except for us.
The kind husband borrowed umbrellas for us, and we made it mostly dry to the first bar around the corner.

It was our birthday celebration - combined, for the month of March. 

So, March 17 is also Saint Patrick's Day. And we happened to be in an Irish Pub. Rain, free hats... was a match made in heaven. And while we did look silly, it felt silly but u'noe what, it's perfectly ok! After one drink at Penny Black, we headed next door for round 2. We had dinner, more drinks and "birthday cake" - didn't really feel like it without candles, but we got the song.

Pub stop 2

Then we made it to our final stop for the night, at 1 Altitude. This was my request - I wanted to experience a sky-high experience and I'd never been, and after hearing all the nice things of it, I'm glad that the rain did stop so that we could go up.

So much love for this group of people
Our poison for the night

After hours, we made it off for supper. It was all quite a dramatic night for most of us, as having a night off was a rarity, much less a night that lasted until - are you ready - 3 am!
I ended up waking up the night morning (barely) with a headache and a very tired body.

But the whole takeaway, was the love that everyone had for one another, that I was with my best friends, my best family, and it was such a tight little crowd with those that really mattered that made it all truly what it was meant to be.

I'm so blessed to have these people in my life, and I'll not wish for anything to change.

Here's to friendship and more birthdays and laughs! (less the headache and hangover, please)

Part 1 of my birthday with my family here

No comments:

Post a Comment