Sunday, May 4, 2014

My battered feet

I have bunions, and that's always made my feet.. awkward.  With the running I have been doing, I've trashed my old pair of running shoes and with a month to go before the Sundown Marathon (half, for me), I was thrilled to get a new pair of (very pretty) Nikes that I was delighted with. They are very light, different from my Saucony's that are very heavy and grounded (and less aesthetically attractive). The problem with the new shoes, however, are that their backs are a lot higher and in my first two weeks of breaking them in, my poor feet are suffering. I've abrasions on the back of my feet from the chafing and they hurt. The wounds are scabbing now and itching terribly and I still continue to run, with protection. I cannot wait for the shoes to feel as good as they look. My poor feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment