Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Jake turns two - Elmo Birthday Party

I want to write about Jake's birthday party before his actual birthday (tomorrow!) so here goes.

After the weeks of preparations from catering to booking of surprises to crafting and goodie bags prep, the day finally arrived. 

My helpful helpers took the kids and involved them in picking up the balloons for the party!

Happy Kate with a bunch of Elmos #socute

Then the sister followed up with this pic with "Spot Mom and everyone in the car". HAHA!

On the other side of Singapore, the husband and I were preparing our barang and heading to the party venue. 
When we arrived - after the caterers, haha - there was the food being set-up and I proceeded to pack the goodie bags. And the sister and her entourage arrived soon after and we began the decorations too. I'm waiting for more pics of the party, but you can just imagine a whole room full of Elmo!

With kids ranging from 1.5yo to 10yo, the kids were pretty much self-entertained and they pretty much invaded the playground and worked up a sweat. It took much cajoling for them to finally sit and eat their dinner. The sister and I took attendance of the kids and when everyone was there, we proceeded to launch our surprise!

HELLO ELMO!
Never mind that he has horns, and he doesn't look like the round-faced friendly Elmo that we're more familiar with. He looks close enough like Elmo so HELLO ELMO!

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes it worthwhile - look at the faces of intense concentration! #heartmeltingmoments #totallyworthit 

We played simple games involving Elmo (Elmo says) - singing kid-friendly songs the likes of "If you're happy" and it was quite a feat trying to speak over the noise and squeals and excitement of everyone in the room! (yup, adults included)
Little Jake, dancing along
Shout HOORAY!

We finished off with a long Q of meet-and-greet with Elmo where everyone had a chance to hug Elmo and take a polaroid with him. Followed by cake!

Elmo-cake toppers, Happy Birthday Jake!
Rainbow colours to add to the colourful party
A family portrait with Elmo
Loving grandparents. My kids are so fortunate to have the love showered upon them.

And special mention again, to my sister, favouriteyiyi, the co-party planner! #tadah
Independent Kate was having so much fun the whole party running around that I don't have a pic of her with us (it's probably in the official party camera, I hope) but here's a series of pics I took of my two little Elmos. Love their tees!
A final picture of my little boy with his favourite Elmo. 
Dear Jake,

I hope you enjoyed your Elmo party as much as I did. It is always a joy to help do things to bring happiness to your life. It's been a fun ride these past two years and you have grown to be such an independent, clever, gung-ho little person. You cannot be more of a boy's boy, really. 

I love you always, forever. 

Mommy.

PS: Here's a flashback entry of Kate and her big Barney bash when she turned 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment