Monday, October 21, 2013

Halloween - prelude part II

Taking the opportunity to craft, Halloween party preps in progress! Tonight, we did some pumpkin. I cracked my head thinking how to have sufficient orange colour (markers/colour pencil etc)... but then I had a eureka moment and remembered that we had orange construction paper! Woot!

I drew the outline of the pumpkin (mostly so I could maximise the size of the whole sheet of paper). Kate did the eyes, nose, mouth and stripes all on her own. 

She then cut the pumpkin out on her own. This is her face when she accidentally cut off the stem at the top - oops.

It was a good error because I then cut out green stems that looked better because the colour green didn't colour well against orange anyway. I helped to darken the face just so it'd pop more. But otherwise, these pumpkins were created by K! So proud of her. 

If you're interested, check out what she'd be dressed as at the party here.

No comments:

Post a Comment