Monday, July 15, 2013

Dad's birthday

Dad turns 61 this year.

He has always been a "daughter's father" kinda-Dad. He will dote on the sister and I more, giving us rides where we want to go, helping us with random errands that we ask help with. He has his quirks and eccentricities, more as he ages. He has nothing but the best intentions for his kids, and now that he has graduated to be a grandparent, his "good intentions" are extended to his grandkids too. (Oh boy, the number of times I have nagged him not to feed Kate foods that are unsuitable because she is ill!)

He may be stubborn and irrelevant at times, but truly, despite all of it, my father is a man with a heart of gold. He is a sweetheart and a marshmallow who really just loves to eat (foodism - ok, I made this word up - is genetical. *looks to the sister). He loves to relax. He loves to watch movies. He loves the simple pleasures in life, and he's really not that complicated a man.

I have seen my dad change through the years, from when I was a child, to when I was a teenager, to today when I am a parent too. I wish nothing but the best of health to my dad, and I am sorry for all the times I have angered him; and I really wish that he is proud of me and I am not a disappointment to him.

As with the mother, I am so glad that I have delivered two grandchildren for him to play with, to love him, to call him 爺爺, to love him for being the best Grandpa they can ever ask for.

爸, 生日快樂!

I love this pic. Dad's smile rocks in the pic. And now I know where I got that smile from - look at Mom! My sis calls this "the original foofubs". Family love conquers all. This was where it all began, the roots of our rock-solid Foo family. 

Doting grandparents. I cannot express enough thanks to my parents who love my kids to the moon and back. I am so happy that I have provided my parents the chance to be grandparents.

1 comment:

  1. omg. im reading this on the bus and i am about to cry. it is true; where the Foo foundations were laid and we are who we all are today (':
    and true that. daughters' father *beams

    family love. damn super blessed.
    x

    ReplyDelete