Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers' Day!

Rainbow with fluffy clouds

Papa I heart U, Kate Seah

I love doing craft with Kate, because what started out as little random projects has become bonding sessions where I get to explore my girls' imagination and watch how she enjoys dabbling with art. She's quite hands-on and enjoys doing as much as she can herself. With these cards, I provide her with the idea and guide her, but she's really the one who pieces it altogether. Insisting on applying the glue (everywhere), tearing the cotton and this year, after she's started learning ABCs in school, she's started writing the content herself too.

Most of it is her copying what I write on a separate scrap paper (right now she knows the letters A, H, E, T, K, O), and she still has to learn about spacing between letters/words, but she's improved so much in how defty her fingers are with things, learning how to use a scissors and she's also well-versed with doing craft that I really think the time spent with her is so rewarding.

And of course, no better way than having a final piece of artwork that is made with love, all by herself.

Happy Fathers' Day to the best Father in our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment