Sunday, November 11, 2012

Annual run with the sister

I don't think we planned it this way, intentionally; but that's what it's become (ok, only twice, but still). The sister and I ran the Great Eastern Run last year and we signed up again this year. I have not been exercising at all and I wasn't exactly looking forward to the run, honestly. I mean, I knew it would be awesome, as it always is hanging with the sister. But the run, omg, the actual run, I knew was going to be not-so-easy. I'm in pretty bad shape. Afterall, the last time I ran was the last GE run more than a year ago (& was pregnant then, not knowing!)

Watching the skies. This was at about 6.40am. 

And again, unintentionally, the boyfriend was our reliable ride to the event. I owed him lunch for the ride, but double-owed him big time this time.
Because, when we had nearly reached our destination, I discovered, to my utmost horror that I had packed 2 sides of the same shoe. OMG. 
Yes, I was the official dodo of the day. 

But! Despite it all - the lack of training towards this, the *ah hem* mishap, the unfriendly dumbo security officers... the sister and I did it! We completed the run!
Right now, I have an achey back, my knees are creaky and my right hip is sore. Tragic and out of shape. But I still feel pretty good and proud that I did and completed the run.

Maybe we shall do it again next year, and really make this a tradition. But, I promise, to not spring any surprises no more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment