Saturday, June 9, 2012

hi5!

Kate LOVES hi5. Her staple diet of YouTube videos include Barney, hi5, cooking/baking demos and random videos of other children.

I had originally arranged a play-date with Kate and her girlfriend to catch Madagascar, then I chanced upon hi5 and there was no doubt that I had to bring Kate to watch her favouritest thing in the world.

So come Friday, I soldiered on to make it happen for Kate.

Before the show started. We had a very rushed lunch and it was literally 5minutes to showtime by the time we reached the stage area. Not a very good spot but I guess it's good enough

The show started 5minutes late so in that time, I managed to catch my breath. I also remembered to take some pictures with my baby. 

<3

hi5!

Her star-struck "is this happening????" look

She got into the show and started to sing and dance along

I scored a number (let's not get into the stupid system) and here's Kate on the lap of a real-life hi5! This red-head is called Lauren. I don't know why that tall guy looks like a wax figure.
The guy seated beside Lauren is called Tim (I think) and he's a real sweetie. After we took the pic, I'd tried to get Kate to say something (anything) to hi5 but she just stared silently (star-struck). Tim then said to me "aaw, she's shy. But she did a great smile for the picture!" And here's proof that he knew what he was talking about - he'd peeked at her during the pic! 

Kate stood by the side of the stage staring at hi5 after we were done with our pic. I had to coax her to step off the stage. And she just stood and stared at them (taking pics with the trail of people). Here's her gamely smiling and posing for yet another picture.

Though the show lasted all of 15minutes, and it was so much effort having to go out to have lunch and score the meet-and-greet tix and having to Q up to wait for our turn to take a pic with hi5... it was rather tiring man. But I think all the effort was worth it. I guess that's what being a parent is about - you just give it your all and it's worth it to see how happy they are. I look back at the pics of her enjoying herself and I feel so happy. I wish it was always happiness and fun with her; and not peppered with angst and discipline and tantrums.

Kate knocked out. She was throwing a fit just before this and only quietened down after being bribed with a box of raisins. She gobbled that up... and fell silent. It took me a while to notice the quiet and I felt all mushed with love looking at this sleeping princess. 

This is actually the second time Kate's watched hi5 live. The first time round, she was equally excited but she didn't know the hi5 songs well enough. This time, she was able to sing-along to more songs and follow the actions and songs. My little girl is growing up so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment